Join us on September 18, 2021
Register Now Donate
Welcome to the Out of the Darkness Concord Walk
Location: New Hampshire State House Lawn, Concord, NH
Registration: 9:00 am
Event Time: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
For more information, please contact:
Contact Name: Heather Zyliak
Contact Phone: 603-545-4470
Contact Email: email@example.com
Important Walk Day Details
Please read carefully through the important details for walk day below!
- Walk Location: NH State House Lawn
Walker Arrival Time: 9:00am
- Pets - Well behaved Leashed Dogs are allowed. Please clean up after them.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- We will be offering contactless registration.
There will be a walk-up registration and a way to drop off donations, but if possible, please register and donate online to save time and support physical distancing.
- Continue to read for tips on how to prepare for the day of the walk.
Registration: Pre-Registration is Strongly encouraged. Those who pre-register through this page DO NOT have to check-in on the day of. If anyone is coming with you to the walks, please encourage them to register ahead of time, or you may register them yourself. For those who do not-preregister, QR codes for mobile registration will be available at the Walk, but pre-registration is encouraged.
Donations: We strongly encourage everyone to ask your supporters to donate online whenever possible. If you have checks or cash to turn in, donation envelopes will be available. Please print, complete and bring an Offline Donation Form to submit with your donations.
Things to bring to the walk:
- Your Smartphone
- A mask if needed (we will have extras on site)
- A picture or note of the person(s) you walk for to add to our In Honor Of / In Memory of Banner. This person can be YOU!
Event Day: Walkers will have the opportunity to pick up honor beads, enjoy music, take a team photo, pick up resources, and more! Walkers raising $150 or more will also be able to pick up their 2021 Out of the Darkness T-Shirt.
Ceremony: The opening ceremony will start at 10am and followed by approximately a 2 mile walk (see map below)
Parking: Please utilize on-street metered parking or use of nearby parking garages. Parking in the garages is free on Saturdays. On-street meter rates are $1.00/hour.
Safety procedures and guidelines:
- We are requesting participants to stay home if they have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, or if they have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19
- Please bring and use mask(s) at the event if you are concerned about transmission of the Virus.
- We will have masks on-hand to provide to participants who would like one
- We will have a limited supply of AFSP Branded merchandise available for purchase. Prices range from $5 to $35. Payments by Credit card or exact cash are appreciated.
- We will be creating extra space between tables to encourage physical distancing
- We encourage everyone to please maintain physical distancing when possible.
- We will have hand sanitizer available throughout event area
We are thrilled to be able to offer an in-person walk this year and are doing all we can to provide a safe environment for you, our volunteers, and our staff! Anything you can do to help us would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your cooperation and support! We can't wait to see you on Saturday!
Virtual Hope and Memorial Wall
Show us Why You Walk by adding a picture of your loved one to our Virtual Hope and Memorial Wall. We want to create a virtual space to share messages of hope and encouragement and have another opportunity to come together as a community in support of one another. We encourage you to leave a note, share a story, post a picture and check out the others inspiring messages.
We're moving forward with plans to host our Out of the Darkness Community Walks in person beginning fall 2021. The health and safety of our participants, staff and volunteers will be our top priorities as we work with local authorities to make decisions about event details, and we'll continue to offer options to participate online and in your neighborhood.
Now, more than ever, it’s important to be there for one another and take steps to safeguard our mental health and prevent suicide.
Register today to stay up to date on the latest news and announcements for the Concord Walk.
Registration is free and open to the public. Donations are accepted until December 31st.
Having trouble registering? Click here to view a step-by-step guide. Refer to page 1 if you’re registering yourself or page 5 if you’re registering someone else through your own account. Be sure to also check out some of the Frequently Asked Questions on page 10.
If you’ve already registered and would like to either create a new team or join an existing one, log into your AFSP account and click on the “change team membership” option on the right hand side of your dashboard tab (on mobile you’ll need to click “dashboard” first).
Our community has always been the heart of the Out of the Darkness Walks. The global pandemic has impacted the emotional and economic well-being of many individuals and families, and left many of us to manage a variety of emotions, including feelings of uncertainty. We also know increases in suicide are not a foregone conclusion if we act now to mitigate risk and support the mental health of our friends, families, and neighbors. But we need your help. Every dollar you raise through the Out of the Darkness Walks allows AFSP to invest in life-saving research, education, advocacy, and support for those impacted by suicide.
It’s more important than ever for us to stay connected. Though there are many unknowns, there are a few things we know for sure:
- You belong to a strong community united in an effort to fight suicide while showing up for yourself, recognizing and honoring those you love, raising awareness, educating communities, supporting one another, and sharing hope.
- We remain dedicated to providing you with opportunities to connect, heal, share stories, create impact, and show you that you are not alone.
- Mental Health and suicide prevention are more important than ever, and we’re confident that with your help we can reach more people than ever before.
Register Today and help save lives and bring hope to those affected by suicide.
Help Spread the Word!
Please help promote the event through your social media outlets! Use the hashtags #OutoftheDarkness and #TogetherToFightSuicide
Follow us on Facebook! Post to your Facebook page and add the direct link to your fundraising page.
Follow us on Twitter! If you are on Twitter, Tweet about the event. Don’t forget to add #outofthedarkness to your tweets!
Follow us on Instagram! Share and tag your photos with #outofthedarkness! Spread the word and ask for support by sharing the videos and social shares in the participant hub.
There are many more social media outlets, please use any and all to help promote the event. One of the best ways to raise awareness and increase understanding is by sharing your story.
Raise $150 by 09/18/2021 and receive an official Out of the Darkness T-shirt!
Activities of Hope and Healing
Losing someone to suicide or struggling with a mental illness can feel like no one understands what you are going through. Unlike other illnesses, it is difficult to look at someone and know their connection. There is an honor bead for everyone, whether you have lost a loved one, struggle personally, support a friend and/or family member, or all of the above. Learn more by watching our honor bead video.
The Out of the Darkness Experience is a journey of remembrance, hope, and support. It unites our communities and provides an opportunity to acknowledge the ways in which suicide and mental illness have affected our lives and the lives of those we love and care about.
If you're looking for resources, please visit www.afsp.org/resources.
Thank you for your support!