Join us on October 1, 2022Register Now Donate
Walk Date: 10/01/2022
Walk Location: Promenade Park
Registration Start Time: 9:30 am
Walk Start Time: 11:30 am (Honor Bead Ceremony, Opening Ceremony with walk to follow)
Our Walk is a 1 mile route but feel free to walk 2 or 3 times for the full 3 mile event
For more information, please contact:
Contact Name: Peggy Myers
Contact Phone: 419-360-1054
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the Out of the Darkness
The Out of the Darkness Community Walk is a journey of remembrance, hope, and support. It unites our communities and provides an opportunity to acknowledge the ways in which suicide and mental health conditions have affected our lives and the lives of those we love and care about.
Returning participant? Thank you for being a Walk Alumni! When you click the register button be sure to click the blue Login link under "Been Here Before?"
Having trouble registering? Click here to view a step-by-step guide. See FAQs below if you have any questions.
If you’ve already registered and would like to either create a new team or join an existing one, log into your account and click on the “change team membership” option on the right hand side of your dashboard tab (on mobile you’ll need to click “dashboard” first). View this video tutorial for more help.
There's now an app to make it even easier to raise funds and receive updates!
Click below to get started!
And don't forget about all the ways you can FUNdraise!
Day of Details
Registration and check-in is from 9:30 am - 11:30 am. We offer ONLINE registration ONLY so please register before 10/01. Walk up registration will be done on your own device using a QR code. If you raised the $150, head to the registration area and go to the t-shirt pickup for your shirt while supplies last. If you need to turn in donations, you will do so at registration!
We will have a resource fair before and after the Walk.
We are also having a MEMORY TENT where you can display a photo (copies are best so you don't lose a valuable photo) of your loved one.
- This is where you can write the name of your loved one lost to suicide, on a piece of paper and attach it to the netting on the sides of the tent. We will no longer do the reading of the names at the opening ceremony like we have done in the past. We are giving you a different way to honor your loved one. You can also bring a copy of a photo to hang on the netting of the tent
Once you are registered we have activities for you....
- 2 standing Yoga sessions provided by Kelly Sorah at 10:15 and 10:45am (in Promenade Park)
- 50/50 Raffle
- Basket Raffle
- AFSP Merchandise for sale (located under the big tent)
- Kids Area: sidewalk chalk, TipTop the Clown, coloring pages, Be The Voice temporary tattoos
- Ribbon Wands to wave in memory of your loved one as we start to walk
- Honor Beads to correspond with your loss so you can connect with others who have had a similar loss
- Nurse available for First Aid
- Counselors on hand is someone needs a listening ear
- Community Resource Fair
- We will have vendor tables set up for area Mental Health providers for additional resources
- Snacks from Sam's Club will be available
- Bottled water will also be available
- Coffee Truck
- AYZO Heavenly Brew
Ways You Can Help
Volunteer at the Event
Become a Sponsor
Sponsoring the Toledo Walk shows your community and employees that your business cares about mental health and preventing suicide. Become a partner to help stop this leading cause of death.
Fundraise to Help #StopSuicide
Promote the Walk in Your Community!
Follow us on social! @OOTDWalks
Post on your social accounts and share why you walk with your community!
Download this flyer to help spread the word!
Day-of Experience: Resources & Activities
Stop by the AFSP Store for merchandise, pick-up beads at the Honor Bead tent, and more!
Honor Beads will be available on-site to show your connection(s) to the cause.
Hope & Healing
Register by clicking the button at the top of the page
Thank you participants, volunteers, donors, and sponsors for your support! Together, we can save lives and bring hope.
If you or someone you know is in a crisis, please call 1-800-273-8255 or text TALK to 741-741