MARATHON IN A MONTH - Long Island
Join us on May 1, 2022Register Now Donate
Join Team AFSP for Marathon in a Month!
Hosted by the AFSP Long Island Chapter
Walk, run or bike to complete a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, 26.2 miles OR set your own distance goal! Training and fundraising starts as soon as you register but you'll track your miles between May 1st and May 31st. Earn swag along the way while raising funds to support the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention's mission to Save Lives and Bring Hope to Those Affected by Suicide.
REGISTER NOW and show the world that you are ready to #Sweat2StopSuicide.
For more information, please contact:
Ann Morrison, Area Director
Registration is FREE and open to everyone. You don’t have to live on Long Island to participate! Donations are accepted until June 30th.
- Train + Fundraise: Now!
- Marathon in a Month Kick-Off Ceremony: Sunday May 1st @ 12:00PM ET (here on this page as well as our Facebook page!)
- Mileage/Activity Tracking: May 1 – May 31
- Event Ends: May 31 @ 11:59 PM
- Closing Ceremony: June 2nd @ 7:30PM ET (video will go live on this page!)
May brings spring in all it's glory and after a long northeast winter, we're ready to get out there and move our bodies! As a bonus, May is Mental Health Month. We can't think of a better way to celebrate that!
Marathon in a Month is a real event, but on your terms: you get to choose your activity, your distance, and your own timeline. You can reach your goal in a day or track and build your miles over the course of the month. With Team AFSP, you will gain motivation from a virtual community of supporters and have access to tools to help you every step of the way!
More great reasons to register:
- You can create or join a team. This is a great way to motivate family, friends and co-workers to join you!
- You will receive a custom AFSP BIB to print and wear. Personalize it with your name and your reason for participating.
- You’ll have access to a special Facebook Group to connect, share your stories & training pictures, find inspiration from other participants, and cheer each other on.
- You’ll also have access to Active Impact, an activity tracking tool to track your progress between 5/1-5/31. You can track your miles alongside fundraising, setting goals, and highlighting your achievements! Click this link from our friends in the Massachusetts Chapter for a short video on using Activity Tracker.
TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
Customizable Marathon in a Month Donation Letter
Prefer dancing, yoga, or hiking? We've got you covered! Activity Conversion Chart
Social Media #s to share your story!
CHECK OUT THESE FUNDRAISING GIFTS!
Raise $150 or more … Team AFSP dri-fit shirt (unisex or women's cut)
Raise $500 or more … Exclusive Team AFSP medal (medals are amazing 👇👇)
Check out the additional recognition gifts available!*
BECOME A SPONSOR
Contact us and we'll send you more details. ALL sponsors will receive numerous marketing benefits, including a spotlight in our online Marathon in a Month kick-off ceremony on May 1st.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD!
After you register, we encourage you to tell your story about why you #Sweat2StopSuicide.
Post to your Facebook page add the direct link to your fundraising page!
If you are on Twitter, Tweet about the event. Don’t forget to add #AFSPLI and #Sweat2StopSuicide to your tweets!
Remember your LinkedIn connections!
Share your photos! #AFSPLI #Sweat2StopSuicide