Hike For Hope Greater Los Angeles & Central Coast
Join us on May 20, 2023Register Now Donate
In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month in May, we are inviting all hikers, walkers, runners, family, and friends to walk various trails while raising funds for AFSP.
Our mission is to Save Lives and Bring Hope to Those Affected by Suicide. We are a strong and resilient community, united in our effort to fight suicide, raise awareness, educate our communities, support those who have lost loved ones, and support those with lived experience.
Registration will stay open during the month of May. The Hike for Hope registration fee is $25.00 and will include BINGO cards listing different hiking trails and self-care activities.
How does it all work?
1. All registered participants will receive their BINGO cards on Wednesday, April 29th. This will include step-by-step directions and what to do after you have completed a hike or a self-care activity during the month of May.
2. Choose your own adventure! You will be given the choice of easy, moderate or hard BINGO cards- which correspond to the level of hiking of your choosing.
3. Pick a square on the bingo card to complete. Be sure to take a picture of you in action and post your pictures on social media using #HikeForHopeGLACC and tag @afsp_lacentralcoast on Instagram, or @afspLACentralCoast on Facebook!
4. Once you've completed your 5 squares in a row, please email marked BINGO card and pictures to Louisa Rocque at firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions must be sent by Tuesday, May 31st.
What's in it for me?
1. All participants who register will receive 1 entry for the raffle.
2. If you complete a 5 squares in a row during the month of May, you will receive 2 additional entries into the raffle.
3. The raffle will take place on June 1st and the winners will be notified by email and phone. Four winners will be selected and the prize will be an exclusive AFSP May Mental Health Awareness Campaign t-shirt.
4. Your participation will help to spread awareness and will add some fun to your self-care routine!
Want to earn more? We've got you covered!
1. Raise $150 and you will receive a 2022 Hike for Hope Event Shirt!
2. Raise $250 and you will receive a 2022 CA Together to Fight Suicide exclusive water bottle.
3. Raise $500 and you will receive a 2022 CA Together to Fight Suicide exclusive hat.