Support Speak Up for Morgan & Nick as we join #TogetherToFightSuicide
Team Morgan and Team Live Like Nick are joining forces to raise funds and walk to prevent suicide in the 2021 Annapolis Out of the Darkness Walk! Please join our new team – Speak Up for Morgan & Nick!
The Beverly and Osuna families have raised over $100,000.00 through their foundations to increase suicide awareness for young adults and teenagers. These generous donations were used to:
- Assist AFSP’s outreach efforts in our local communities.
- Provide funding to local community organizations to help bring awareness and education in the forms of workshops and speakers.
- Supply a local school system with workbooks for the QPR (Question, Persuade & Refer) Gatekeeper Program
- Train school personnel on how to speak to kids about suicide.
- Provide grants to help cover costs of suicide awareness programs in local schools.
- Provide funding for families in crisis needing extra support when insurance did not cover mental health concerns.
- The Osuna family has made bears out of Nicks clothes and donated them to comfort kids that need something to hug and hold onto in times of need.
- Morgan’s Mom, Kimberly, and Nick’s Dad, Jerry, have spoken to several organizations and groups over the years about their personal loss of their children and continue to reach out to help others in the memory of Morgan and Nick.
Your participation will further the efforts of these foundations and the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention. Please join us on Saturday, September 18, 2021, at Navy Stadium in Annapolis (10a to 2pm). Registration is free and open to everyone.