Your campaign will help us fund research, education, and advocacy programs for suicide prevention, as well as support survivors of suicide loss. We’re working to make a difference in your community and expand upon an ever-growing culture that’s smart about mental health.
Create your stream on Tility or Streamlabs today! AFSP is also listed as a charity on Twitch, but we will not be notified so please let us know if you are creating a stream through Twitch! Contact Meredith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our DropBox Folder for resources, graphics, videos, etc. for before and during your stream.
How to create your fundraiser
Click one of the links above to get started!
If you have any questions, please contact Meredith Henning at email@example.com.
Charity streaming timeline
Be sure to promote across all your social media pages in the weeks leading up to your event, including artwork or graphics made, and let AFSP know about it by tagging us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, or TikTok - @afspnational
Before Your Event (At Least 1-2 Weeks Before Your Stream)
- Establish the basics: a name for your event, date and time, how long your event will last, and the hashtag you will use
- Create schedule for the stream (e.g. games that will be played and for how long, etc.)
- Create artwork to advertise your event, and a graphic for incentives and goals, or use what is in our DropBox
- Adjust your donation button link to the charity’s donation page, and test donation notification alerts
- Add event information, including donation link, to your chat bot
- Sample social media posts:
Come join me on @Twitch for the #EVENTNAME charity stream benefitting the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (@afspnational)! The charity stream will start at [TIME] on [DATE]. Donate here: [LINK]
Today is the day! In just [XX] I will be live and streaming for @afspnational and raising money to #StopSuicide. Come check out [TWITCH LINK] and donate here: [LINK]
During Your Event
- Promote your event during your broadcast on social media (remember to include your event hashtags)
- Promote your event and donation link in your stream chat regularly
- Talk about AFSP, your connection, and why you chose to raise money (document on sharing your story safely is in the DropBox folder)
- Sample social media post: I’m currently live and raising money for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (@afspnational)! Come show your support as we help #StopSuicide! [DonorDrive LINK]
After Your Event
- Share your results on social media, including how much was raised
- Be sure to thank everyone who was involved
- Sample social media post: We have raised over [XX] so far for @afspnational! Help me reach my goal of [GOAL AMOUNT], and together we can help #StopSuicide! [DonorDrive LINK]
Most importantly, give yourself a pat on the back! You did a great job!
Twitch Chat helpful bot commands
To donate, click here! [LINK]
We are currently fundraising for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and creating a culture that’s smart about mental health! To learn more about this nonprofit organization and what they do to help #StopSuicide, go to their website at https://afsp.org
We are currently raising funds and awareness for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, a nonprofit that is dedicated to saving lives and bringing hope to those affected by suicide. If you would like to donate, please click here: [LINK]
If you are struggling, please reach out to someone today. You are not alone. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 988, or text “TALK” to 741-741. Help is always available. Find support here: https://afsp.org/get-help
If you a member of the LGBTQ+ community and are struggling today, please know that you are not alone. Support is out there. The Trans Lifeline (1-877-565-8860); the Trevor Project Lifeline (866-488-7386); SAGE LGBT Elder Hotline (1-888-234-SAGE); the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 988; Crisis Text Line (Text “TALK” to 741-741)
Check out some of the amazing incentives for my charity event! [LINK]
If you or someone you know is in a crisis, please dial 988 or text TALK to 741-741.
Or visit the new Games and Online Harassment Hotline for support.