Join us on September 25, 2021Donate
Welcome to the 2021 Easton Out of the Darkness Community Walk!
WAIT … Are we actually walking to fight suicide this year?
YES, we hope too! You will have two options to walk this year, on the day of the Easton Community Walk (in-person, as permitted by state and local guidelines on event day) and/or on the day of our statewide virtual “Celebration of Hope” (on your own, within safe distancing guidelines). Read on for more details!
Register Now! Let’s show the world that we are always #TogetherToFightSuicide.
Event Details (In-Person)
- Date: 09/25/2021
- Location: Borderland State Park - Easton, MA
- Time: 9:00 am
- Event Begins: 10:00 am
- Event Ends: 12:00 pm
**Date and venue subject to change. Your safety and well-being will always be our top priority, and while we remain hopeful that we'll be able to gather in person once again this fall, we are closely monitoring CDC, state AND local guidelines and will continue to share updates in the coming weeks and months.
Event Details (Virtual Option)
- Massachusetts “Celebration of Hope”: Saturday, November 6th
- Location: Online
- Time: 10:00 am
For more information, please contact:
*IMPORTANT* Parking Plan
Buses will run from Moreau Hall (on 138 near Stonehill College) beginning at 8:30AM to be transported to Borderland State Park. Buses will run from 8:30am – 12:30pm to help avoid overflow at the park.
What this means:
- CARPOOL. Help us mitigate the number of cars at Borderland AND Moreau Hall by traveling to the walk with your team, family, friends and/or neighbors. This will not only help ensure you have a parking spot, it’s also cheaper. (**Parking at Borderland is $5 for MA residents)
- ARRIVE EARLY. Registration/check-in begins at 9:00AM and the first bus leaves Moreau at 8:30AM. 250-300 spots are available at Borderland and 40 spots at Moreau, but please keep in mind that Borderland State Park remains open to the general public.
- Please be patient with us. Moreau Hall is a new parking location, as that is what was available to us (lots of rescheduled events with Covid). We will get you over to Borderland as quickly as possible or parked in the Borderland lot. We’ll be ready to check you in at 9:00AM and look forward to seeing you then!
When and where is the event taking place?
The event is taking place on 09/25/2021 at Borderland State Park. A statewide virtual option will also be offered on November 6th for those not ready to be in-person.
Is there a registration fee?
No, there is no registration fee to participate. Donations are accepted until December 31st.
How do I make an offline donation?
To send a donation by check, please complete this form and send it with your check to the address provided.
Is there a fundraising minimum?
No, but we strongly encourage each participant to set a $150 fundraising goal to help support AFSP's work to stop suicide and receive the official 2021 Out of the Darkness Walk t-shirt!
How do I set up my personal fundraising page?
If you need help logging into or setting up your fundraising page, click here for a step-by-step guide.
BECOME A SPONSOR
SPREAD THE WORD!
After you register, we encourage you to tell your story about why you support #AFSPMA.
Post to your Facebook page and add the Easton Out of the Darkness Community Walk link, or the direct link to your fundraising page!
If you are on Twitter, Tweet about the event. Don’t forget to add #TogetherToFightSuicide to your tweets!
Remember your LinkedIn connections!
Share your photos! #TogetherToFightSuicide #AFSPMA
FUNDRAISE TO HELP #StopSuicide
- Raise $150 and receive an Out of the Darkness t-shirt!
**All funds must be posted online by November 7th to qualify. T-shirts will mailed to participants who opt to participate virtually or earn their t-shirt after the in-person event.
- Click here to see more AFSP swag you can earn!
- Teams that raise $1000 or more online by World Suicide Prevention Day (September 10th) will have a TEAM YARD SIGN printed and mailed to their team captain!
DOWNLOAD and share your color(s) on social media.
Would you like your loved one to be included in the 2021 Massachusetts Honor Bead video?
Submit your remembrance photo(s) here. (Due to the time it takes to edit and create this special video, we cannot accept photos after October 30th.)
VOLUNTEER WITH US
Want to get involved? Click here to complete a volunteer application!