Greater Philadelphia Walk
Join us on October 2, 2022Register Now Donate
We recognize the forecast is calling for rain on Sunday. Our event will be held rain or shine. If anything changes, we will update this site, our Facebook page and will send an email. Thank you so much, and we look forward to seeing you on Sunday!
Walk Date: 10/02/2022
Walk Location: Philadelphia Museum of Art
Registration Opens: 7:00 am
Program Start Time: 8:00 am
Walk Start Time: 9:00 am
Length of Walk: 3 miles (1.5 miles each way)
For more information, please contact:
Contact Name: Jamie Cohen (She/Her/Hers)
Contact Phone: 215-532-0275
Contact Email: JCohen@afsp.org
Welcome to the Out of the Darkness
Greater Philadelphia Walk
The Out of the Darkness Community Walk is a journey of remembrance, hope, and support. It unites our communities and provides an opportunity to acknowledge the ways in which suicide and mental health conditions have affected our lives and the lives of those we love and care about.
IMPORTANT updates/reminders about the event:
Also, PLEASE FOLLOW OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR EVENT UPDATES AS WE APPROACH THE EVENT THIS WEEKEND.
- Pre-registered walkers do not need to check-in at registration. If you have raised the $150 and earned an official walk t-shirt, please stop at our event T-shirt table to pick up your shirt. You will also be able to turn in cash and check donations at registration. To pre-register, visit afsp.org/phillywalk.
- We walk rain or shine. We will hold our event rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, we encourage participants to use their best judgement on whether it is safe for them to attend. If we experience dangerous weather that requires adjustments on the day of our event, we will share information on our event website at afsp.org/phillywalk. We do not currently have plans to postpone the event.
- Dogs on a leash are welcome.
- Merchandise will be available for purchase on walk day. Credit cards and cash will be accepted. No checks for merchandise, please.
- PARKING- there is street parking, a garage at the Art Museum and several garages near the museum. We recommend using spothero.com to find the best option on Walk Day.
The opening ceremony will begin at 8AM with the walk immediately following. We encourage you to arrive a few minutes early to visit our community partner tables, get your honor beads, pick up a Why I Walk Button, etc. The walk route is approximately 3 miles and will begin on KELLY DRIVE THIS YEAR.
Returning participant? Thank you for being a Walk Alumni! When you click the register button be sure to click the blue Login link under "Been Here Before?"
Having trouble registering? Click here to view a step-by-step guide. See FAQs below if you have any questions.
If you’ve already registered and would like to either create a new team or join an existing one, log into your account and click on the “change team membership” option on the right hand side of your dashboard tab (on mobile you’ll need to click “dashboard” first). View this video tutorial for more help.
There's now an app to make it even easier to raise funds and receive updates!
Click below to get started!
And don't forget about all the ways you can FUNdraise!
Day of Details
We will be walking on Kelly Drive this year. Registration and the program will be in the same place as previous years on the Art Museum Steps. When it is time to walk, we will now start on Kelly Drive. Volunteers will direct you when it is time to walk. Please see the below map.
Ways You Can Help
Sponsoring the Greater Philadelphia Walk shows your community and employees that your business cares about mental health and preventing suicide. Become a partner to help stop this leading cause of death.
Fundraise to Help #StopSuicide
Promote the Walk in Your Community!
Follow us on social! @OOTDWalks
Post on your social accounts and share why you walk with your community!
Day-of Experience: Resources & Activities
Stop by the AFSP Store for merchandise, pick-up beads at the Honor Bead tent, and more!
Honor Beads will be available on-site to show your connection(s) to the cause.
Hope & Healing
Thank you to our sponsors for their generous support:
Register by clicking the button at the top of the page
Thank you participants, volunteers, donors, and sponsors for your support! Together, we can save lives and bring hope.
If you or someone you know is in a crisis, please call 1-800-273-8255 or text TALK to 741-741