Join us on October 7, 2023Donate
Welcome to the Out of the Darkness
Location: Promenade Park, Toledo, OH
Check-in Time: 9:30 am
Honor Bead and Opening Ceremony With Walk to Follow: 11:30 am
Walk Chair: Peggy Myers, 419-360-1054, email@example.com
The Out of the Darkness Community Walk is a journey of remembrance, hope, and support. It unites our communities and provides an opportunity to acknowledge the ways in which suicide and mental health conditions have affected our lives and the lives of those we love and care about.
Our Walk is a 1 mile route, but feel free to walk 2 or 3 times for the full 3 mile event.
Food Trucks available day of walk are:
Download this flyer to help spread the word. WALK FLYER
Day of Walk Details
Registration and turning in of donations are from 9:30-11:30 am. We now have ONLINE registration only so please register before 10/07/2023. If you need to register the day of the walk, you will do so on your phone by scanning the QR code at the Registration table. If you raised $150 you can pick up your t-shirt at the ‘T-Shirt Pick Up’ next to the ‘Registration Tent’. Supplies are limited the day of the walk.
We will have a Resource Fair before and after the Walk.
We are having a MEMORY TENT where you can display a photo of your loved one.
-copies are best so you don’t lose a valuable photo
- no larger than a 5x7 works best
- you can write the name of your loved one lost to suicide on a piece of paper that we will provide and attach it to the netting on the sides of the tent. We will no longer be reading the names of loved ones lost at the opening ceremony. We are giving you a different way to honor your loved one.
Once you are registered, we have activities for you…
- 2 standing Yoga sessions provided by Kelly Sorah at 10:15 and 10:45 am (in Promenade Park at the northeast end by the firepit)
- 50/50 Raffle
- Basket Raffle
- AFSP merchandise for sale (located under the big tent)
- Kids Area: sidewalk chalk, TipTop the Clown, coloring pages, ‘Be The Voice’ temporary tattoos
- Pick up a Ribbon Wand to wave in memory of your loved one as we start to walk.
- Honor Beads to correspond to your loss so you can connect with others who have had a similar loss.
- A Nurse will be available for First Aid
- Counselors will be on hand to help if someone needs a listening ear.
- Community Resource Fair
- We will have vendors tables set up for area Mental Health providers for additional resources.
- Snacks bars will be available.
- Team Photos area will be available by the water. We will take your picture and you can use our selfie frame or # signs.
Is there parking? YES, all parking on city streets is free. The parking garage at Promenade Park is $5. Volunteers will be helping with exiting the garage after the Walk.
Register to Walk With Us!
Returning participant? Thank you for being a Walk Alumni! When you click the register button be sure to click the blue Login link under "Been Here Before?"
Having trouble registering? Click here to watch a step-by-step guide. See FAQs below if you have any questions.
If you’ve already registered and would like to either create a new team or join an existing one, log into your account and click on the “change team membership” option on the right hand side of your dashboard tab (on mobile you’ll need to click “dashboard” first). View this video tutorial for more help.
There's now an app to make it even easier to raise funds and receive updates!
Click below to get started!
And don't forget about all the ways you can FUNdraise!
International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day Event information
Ways You Can Help
Volunteer at the Event
Become a Sponsor
Sponsoring the Toledo Walk shows your community and employees that your business cares about mental health and preventing suicide. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to become a sponsor today or click HERE to download our Sponsor Packet.
Fundraise to Help #StopSuicide
Promote the Walk in Your Community!
Follow us on social! @OOTDWalks
Post on your social accounts and share why you walk with your community!
Day-of Experience: Resources & Activities
Stop by the AFSP Store for merchandise, visit the photo booth, and more!
Honor Beads will be available on-site to show your connection(s) to the cause.
Hope & Healing
Register by clicking the button at the top of the page
Thank you participants, volunteers, donors, and sponsors for your support! Together, we can save lives and bring hope.
If you or someone you know is in a crisis, dial 988 or text TALK to 741-741