Fargo/Moorhead Area Walk
Join us on September 17, 2023Donate
Welcome to the Out of the Darkness
Fargo/Moorhead Area Walk
Location: Scheels Arena Lawn, Fargo, ND
Check-in Time: 12:00 pm
Ceremony Start Time: 2:00 pm
Walk to follow
Walk Chair: Denby DeVries, 701-200-0751, email@example.com
Staff Contact: Samantha Christopherson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule of Events on Walk Day:
12:00 pm-1:50 pm -Walk Activities Including:
- Live Music from Tucker'd Out
- Community Resource Fair
- Team Photo Stations
- Food Trucks
- Yard Games
- Buy your AFSP gear at the pop-up shop
- Memory Wall (Please read below for information)
- Browse the Silent Auction
- Complimentary Massages from Keith at Massage Envy
1:15 pm-Reading of Gizmo's Pawesome Guide to Mental Health inside the Scheels Arena (Pre-K to 4th graders)
2:00 pm- Our Opening Ceremony begins followed by the walk
2:30 pm- The Silent Auction Closes
3:30 pm-Silent Auction will have been contacted about their winning items.
Things to Know:
- Friendly leashed dogs are welcome to walk with us. (There will also be a Paws for Prevention) and you can buy your furry friend an AFSP bandanna at our AFSP shop
- This is a family-friendly event. We invite all mental health Advocates of all ages to walk with us.
- Food Trucks will be available for purchase for lunch
- Bathrooms will be located inside the Scheels Arena
Memory Wall Information:
- As part of this year's FM Out of the Darkness Walk, we will be hosting a "Wall of Remembrance" dedicated to loved ones who have been lost to suicide. Walkers are invited to bring a picture or letter of remembrance to hang on this Walk
- Guidelines for pictures and letters:
- Walkers may want to bring copies of photos or letters (versus the originals) as we will be outside in the elements
- Please be sure to pick up your items from the memory wall after the walk.
All funds raised at the Walk support mental health research, prevention education, advocacy, and support for loss survivors. There is no fee to register for this important community event, but if you fundraise and raise $150 by Sept. 17th, you will receive an official 2023 F/M Area Out of the Darkness Community Walk t-shirt for your fundraising efforts.
Red and Blue Ribbon Awards: Challenge yourself to be a Red Ribbon Walker if you raise $500-$999 or a Blue Ribbon Walker if you raise $1,000 +. You will receive a red or blue ribbon and an additional gift on-site!
The Out of the Darkness Community Walk is a journey of remembrance, hope, and support. It unites our communities and provides an opportunity to acknowledge the ways in which suicide and mental health conditions have affected our lives and the lives of those we love and care about.
Register to Walk With Us!
Returning participant? Thank you for being a Walk Alumni! When you click the register button be sure to click the blue Login link under "Been Here Before?"
Having trouble registering? Click here to watch a step-by-step guide. See FAQs below if you have any questions.
If you’ve already registered and would like to either create a new team or join an existing one, log into your account and click on the “change team membership” option on the right hand side of your dashboard tab (on mobile you’ll need to click “dashboard” first). View this video tutorial for more help.
There's now an app to make it even easier to raise funds and receive updates!
Click below to get started!
And don't forget about all the ways you can FUNdraise!
Ways You Can Help
Volunteer at the Event
Become a Sponsor
Sponsoring the Fargo/Moorhead Area Walk shows your community and employees that your business cares about mental health and preventing suicide. Download the sponsorship packet here. Contact email@example.com with any questions!
Fundraise to Help #StopSuicide
Promote the Walk in Your Community!
Follow us on social! @OOTDWalks
Post on your social accounts and share why you walk with your community!
Download the Walk flyer HERE to help spread the word!
Day-of Experience: Resources & Activities
Stop by the AFSP Store for merchandise, visit the photo booth, and more!
Honor Beads will be available on-site to show your connection(s) to the cause.
Hope & Healing
Register by clicking the button at the top of the page
Thank you participants, volunteers, donors, and sponsors for your support! Together, we can save lives and bring hope.
If you or someone you know is in a crisis, dial 988 or text TALK to 741-741